Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If VDN then Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriegman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2003
US
I am working on a conversion project that is migrating our Contact Center off a Rockwell to our Avaya.

We have a Genesys IVR that is being fed DNIS/VDN information from the switch. There is no issue with us feeding the VDN to the IVR, but here is the rub; The IVR is dialing back on one extension and there is a VDN/Vector that is doing a VDN Check...

if VDN = 3xxxx then route to Vector XXX

This is nice since it consolidates the entry point for the IVR but I am curious as to whether the Avaya can do that kind of routing.

Thanks!

I think this is waht your looking for....

Yes, you have to place a statement in the vector that states If ANI = 3xxx then goto Vector xxxx, or you could create an ANI (vector-routing table VRT) table if there are more than one entry. If ANI in table xx then goto vector xxxx.

This is close but...

Then I am seeing the extension as an ANI, when what I want is the VDN number that is coming back to me.

The IVR is sending the VDN number (The orginal entry VDN to the Avaya that was passed over to the IVR) back over via an extension to the Avaya.

What I am looking for I guess is how to read that VDN in the vector to route to the correct skill.

Thanks!

In all honesty, if the vector doesn't see the sending information as ANI, it probably can't be done in the vector. Someone else may have another solution though. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back