Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If Then Else Formula not displaying in group header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaRR

Technical User
May 2, 2003
US
I am not able to get the result of this If Then Else formula to display in a group header.

if (not isnull({IP_FLWSHT_MEAS.FLO_MEAS_ID}) and {IP_FLWSHT_MEAS.FLO_MEAS_ID} = "4409" ) then {IP_FLWSHT_MEAS.MEAS_VALUE} else
"*"

The report is grouped by Patient Encounter ID. The formula displays correctly in the details section of the report. If I move it into a header or footer, it displays only the * (else statment I am using to check the formula).

How can I get the result of this formula to display in the group header?

The a formula placed in the group header will only evaluate the first record encountered in that group.

So if you copy formula into details section it will be same as first detail. YOu can add a max or min summary to the formula to display where its not "*"

Ian

The max formula worked - thanks so much!!!

On further investigation, the max formula does not seem to be working. I have two test patients in my report and the formula is returning the same value for each patient instead of resetting when the group changes. Appreciate any suggestions you may have to get this to work. Thank you!

You should be right clicking on the formula (placed in the detail section)->insert summary->maximum and choose the group level. No need to write a formula, but if you did, you would have to add the group condition, like this:

maximum({@formula},{table.groupfield})

-LB

PS. After inserting the maximum, just drag it to the group header.

-LB

Thanks lbass - it works!!! Appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back