Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If Not Logged Out Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeTours

Technical User
Dec 28, 2004
CA
I am a Symposium Script Newbie. Our help desk uses a number of scripts which all start with what looks to be a nonsensical If statement. They are older scripts that were written some time ago. I would like to delete/change those sections but before doing so I thought I should verify if my understanding is correct.

The scripts all start with an IF statement of the form:

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT XXXX THEN
a voice session opens.

The XXXX is one of a number of differnet DNs.

I call these IF statements nonsensical because in the PBX XXXX is not even an ACID number.

Question:

1) I assume that these XXXX numbers must be ACID for this IF clause to have any affect. Can someone confirm.

I assume that they once were ACID numbers but things have changed in the configurations without these XXXX number being removed in the scripts. But here is a question for you.

Can the XXXX number in this IF script be any ACID associated with any ACD Queue, or must it be an ACID associated to the help desk ACD? For example instead of deleting the IF clause I might like to send the call to an ACID number associated to a security department ACD. Can you do that?

Thanks in Advance

You won't find that in the PBX, but in the CCMS/Symposium. It refers to an agent login ID, and is a standard emergency trap statement. Meaning, in the event of some emergency, there is a fictitious agent that a supervisor can log in (as everybody is evacuating) that will activate emergency routing/message for the call center.

The system should not have allowed the deletion of that agent profile as long as it is referenced in a script this way, so you will probably find it still configured in the CCMS/Symposium.

For your second question, you can change the logic to route the call elsewhere instead of playing a message, which is appears to do at present. But you would still need to log in your "emergency agent" to activate it.

Sandyml

Yes, those statements are all in symposium scripts and the voice treatment sends one to an emergency outage message. The points I was not clear on were the following.

The DN in that IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT XXXX THEN clause goes to a DN that is not a listed ACD or ACID number. So to me this statement is meaningless. If XXXX is not an ACID the AGENT will never be logged in so this IF clause will never be used.

I would infer from your statement that XXXX does have to be an ACID number. I see the benefits of the fictious agent. Do you have any suggestions on how best to set that up.

The xxxx is an AGENT ID, NOT Position ID.

Like Sandyml states - You won't find that in the PBX, but in the CCMS/Symposium

You need either web client, or fat client to see this info.

Gotcha

There are indeed agents with those XXXX numbers.

So to finish this off. For example one of these numbers is 8000. 8000 appears as a DN on a number of sets. I take it that there is no conflict in an AGENT-ID and the PBX extension having the same number?

I notice that this 8000 agent number is a member of the help desk team. This team is reachable through ACD 6600. If I print out 6600 I notice none of the TNBs that use 8800 are listed. The AGENT ID is not associated with a phone set. I take it this is what is meant by a fictitious agent.

Is it sufficient for someone to log in as 8800 to activate that IF clause in symposium?

Agent ID are ficticious in the sense that they have no impact on the PBX or phonesets TN. The PBX doesn't even care what the numbers are, it never sees them or knows what an Agent ID is.

The Agent IDs only exist in the SCCS/CCMS (there's an exception to this with regards to basic ACD - but it does not apply in your situation)

In your case, if xxxx is 8000, then whenever anyone goes to login on the acd phone and enter 8000 as their login ID - that portion of the script will be in affect - until then, it's simply ignored.

BikeTours, I think part of your confusion is with the syntax of the command itself.

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT XXXX instructs the Symposium to look for an agent that may be logged in with that particular ID. As yyrkroon said, there is absolutely no relationship between agent IDs (which are only configured in the Symposium) and anything configured in the PBX.

Then, if that condition is met (i.e., that particular agent is logged in), then the next statement can execute. In your partial example, it appears that an emergency message plans. I would expect a DISCONNECT message to follow, if the intent was to play a message and then hang up.

For example:

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT XXXX
OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT vs_Emergency
END VOICE SESSION
DISCONNECT
END IF

The code snippet you posted does not specify any sort of routing, just a message to be played. And if it did, one would expect it to go to an external number, as presumably there is nobody left in the building to answer the call. An example of this would be:

THEN ROUTE CALL dn_Emergency
END IF

-- where dn_Emergency might be something like 918001111111 (for example) to go to another company location.

Does this help?

OK, I typo'd - should have been:

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT vs_Emergency
END VOICE SESSION
DISCONNECT
END IF

-- sorry.

One last thing - when I said "fictitious agent," I meant that there really isn't a live person who is assigned that ID. It's just a fake profile so that you can use an agent ID for some special purpose like an emergency activation. It's a little odd that in your case, there appears to be an actual person. I take it that he/she does not normally log in with that ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back