Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

If I change Pwd Complexity, when does it take effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orman

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2001
US
Many of our users have less than 8 characters in their password. I do NOT want to make people change their passwords until their passwords expire sometime later this year or early next year. If I enable "Password must meet complexity requirements" today, will that force the users who do not meet the complexity requirements to have to change their passwords right away?

The user will need to adhere to the complexity policy the next time they change their password. Whether it be by choice or by expiration.

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

No!
Passwords will NOT expire right away.
Users simply will be forced to choose more complex passwords on first password change (voluntary or due to normal expiration).

Thank you very much!!!

I didn't see your answer :p, because I loaded the page, wasn't sure about that question, tested it in virtual environment and posted my reply. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back