Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IExplorer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffpoulsen

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
I have several computers and use the internet to manage several sites. I have issues with one of the xp machines. I can download or open .doc and .pdf documents with all machines except the one. I have tried everything and have searched in vain for the soulution. Could anyone help with this?

Thanks, Jeff

Uh.. what exactly happens when you try? What happens when you right-click and 'save as'?

the page is a list of files, some pdfs and some docs. I have the links written to open in a new page. the url has uses a php script to hide the relative directory so it has a view_php? in the path. When I right click it the prompts askes if I want to open the file view_php? and I answer yes but it never opens and the same window appears. If I left click the file it attempts to open a new tab then the prompt window appears as I've just stated. This all works seamlessly on the other computers as well as thousands of users that visit the site. I can open xls documents without any trouble. I has to be something in the setting on this machine. One other note. This is the only maching that I've updated to service pack 3 for testing. I'm not sure if this makes any difference?

Can it open these files from "Safe Mode with Networking"? Can they be opened by another user in Normal Mode?

Are the files able to be Saved on the SP3 machine prior to any attempt at Open?

Are you able to right-click on these files and access the Properties? If so is there any check box to "Unblock" the file at the bottom of the Properties?

Have you tried placing your "download source", if prudent and applicable, and from a local known source, in the Trusted Zone" of IE or any third party Firewall?

Information About the Unsafe File List in Internet Explorer 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back