Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Iexplore.exe as process, no window

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray436

Technical User
Apr 11, 2000
CA
Hi, randomly when I launch IE ( ver 6, sp2, all updates )from toolbar or start menu, the process is launched, but there is nothing on the desktop. I can end it with task manager, then clicking the same shortcut will launch it correctly.

Ran an AV scan, did Adaware, Spybot, all come back clean.

Doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it will work right or fail.

Any suggestions?

Embarassingly I forgot to reply back to this thread, you know, life, job, etc, LOL.

Anyways I trieds the above suggestions, no dice. But I did find the problem!

The Google Toolbar... go figure. Removed it and problem solved. I don't even miss it.

That happens sometimes to me, but uses to be related with a concrete HTML application. Google toolbar is widely installed and I've never heard of it causing that behaviour.

Cheers,
Dian

True, and would have thought that this kind of crippling bug would have reared its head and been dealt with early.

Maybe it was just a fluke of application combinations on my particular machine. There was a ms kb article about it, #916245, but for some reason it is no longer available. There seems to be many issues with the toolbar and IE7 beta also.

Anyways, for me, toolbar is gone, and the problem stopped immediately, never returned, and no other changes have been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back