Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#IERR error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickty

MIS
May 25, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a BOb report where I am trying to calculate the following;

I have created the following cross tab with codes down the left side and years across the top, the cross tab is populated by rates per code ( a variable i have created by dividing 2 values):

1999 2000 2001 2002
1 .5 .2 1 .6
2 .3 .2 .5
3 .7 .8

what I have to do now is project these rates forward;

eg rate for 2003 would be something like;

=sum(((<rates per code> Where (<Year(year)>=&quot;2000&quot;)-(<rates per code> Where (<Year(year)>=&quot;1999&quot;)+ (<rates per code> Where (<Year(year)>=&quot;2001&quot;)-(<rates per code> Where (<Year(year)>=&quot;2000&quot;)/2)))

I get a #IERR, I think the problem is that I am doing a calculation on what is already a calculation. Can anyone help?

thanks

Are you sure your formula is correct in the first place, it looks like you are trying to divide the last condition by 2 .....(which makes little sense i think) T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

sorry, perhaps the brackets aren't right, I am trying to divide the whole lot by 2:

((value2-value1)+ (value3-value2))/2 where ....

I think the problem is the where clause, and the fact I am doing a calculation on a calculation.

any ideas? thanks.

No, the fact that you base a calculation on a calculation does not bother BusObj in the least, unless you create a loop or something like that (self-referencing)
What happens when you paste a max around the expression?
How do you work in the value for the year 2003? Is the expression for 2003 part of an an if then else. Send the report if you like.... T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back