Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IEEE card and Display card share same IRQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoamJosephides

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
IL
I have been having problems exporting my finished project from Premiere 6.0 back to my DV cam. At random times during the export, there is a "pop" and the export is aborted. Moreover, I have noticed unstable picture on the cam's LCD when the FireWire cable is connected, which stops when I plug it out. This led me to suspect that there is some faulty data coming from the card onto the cam. I checked and noticed that my display card (GeForce MX100) and my IEEE1394 card share the same IRQ. Is this normal? or maybe the display card inserts "garbage" during export, thus interfering with it? I tried to change the IRQ under Hardware manager but the option is grayed out. any ideas?

Which Operating system you use?
If you are using Windows2000 then Display card and Firewire card can share same IRQ.Let me know your configuration.

Your configuration is perfectly O.K
In ACPI compliant Computer many cards share same IRQ. Check for the conflicts of IRQ in the device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back