Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE7 Multiple Processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjbyrnes

Technical User
Apr 17, 2009
US
I have't been able to determine what kicks it off, but at a certain point, the mouse busy icon starts flashing. Task manager shows constant new instances of iexplore starting too fast for me to kill them. No browser windows open other than the original
I have zone alarm extreme and other spyware programs that don't detect any problems.
Any help on how I can approach this problem would be greatly appreciated. In the meanwhile, I will try to determmine what kicks starts the problem.

Thanks,

Bruce

I suspect that some part of your security sotware is preventing the windows from opening. One thing that you could try [!]while disconected from the network[/!] is to disable your various security software. This includes antivirus, firewall, and popup blockers (which also might be part of your third party toolbars). Leave it on overnight if needed. If nothing happens, plug it in to the network, browse to your home page and leave it there for a minute or two, then disconnect from your network and see if it starts. Hopefully, the windows will open and tell you what you're dealing with.

Since you haven't mentioned which antispyware programs you've used, if you haven't already, my personal starting point suggestions would be malwarebytes antimalware and superantispyware.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try as you suggest.
I'm using Zone Alarm Extreme security, Godzilla and Defender
I haven't been ablt to recreate the problem. I'm downloading superantispyware now.

Thanks again.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back