Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE7 Internet Explorer 7 as critical high priority update adm GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevens

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2001
US
Looks like Microsoft in their great wisdom has chosen to make IE7 a critcal high priority udpate which means all computers that have automatic updates enabled and set to download and install, are going to get IE7.

Personally this is a terrible decision. I do not like IE7's interface. Is there a way to set it back to classic interface and toolbars?

Is there a domain group policy that can prevent this update from happening or to revert the interface and toolbars back to classic view? Is there a specific IE7 ADM template that can do this?

Jason Stevens

I mentioned that I really like the tabbed browsing. The nicest part about it is that I only have one instance of IE open down on my task bar. Often, I will have several tabs open at the same time, as well as e-mail and so forth, and in IE6, that would be multiple icons on my task bar, cluttering it up.

I have found that IE7 doesn't always do a good job on rendering CSS... in its defense, that's probably because of poorly written style sheets.

It'll make us "step up" to the plate a little and repair some code that was poorly written.

Just my 2¢

"When I die, I want people to say 'There was a wise man' instead of 'Finally, his mouth is shut!'" --Me
--Greg

You should have a WSUS server in charge of your updates, that way you approve all updates coming down the pipeline, and have a group policy that points all your systems to the WSUS server .

"I'm certifiable, not certified. It just means my answers are from experience...not a book

If you really like tabbed browsing and have a preference for IE, then try Avant Browser. Personally I prefer Ver 10 to ver 11.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back