Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 - XP Fuzzy Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonstewart

Programmer
Mar 14, 2002
US
I have just installed XP on my laptop with IE6 and all Service packs and HotFixes and I have ClearType on. My problem is that the images in my web browser (IE6) are fuzzy. I have a beautiful image on my desktop that is crystal clear, and other images on my hard drive are also extremely brilliant. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if anyone knows how to fix it. Thank you for any help I really appreciate it.

Jason,

Have you got any Anti-Virus programme running?

I found that my desktop icons and such appeared fuzzy. I increased my resolution to 1400 X 1050 and now everything is crystal clear.

I have my resolution @ 1400x1024 also.

Thank you for all of your suggestions but I have just figured it out.(Just as I was accessing this page)

I have just purchased a PCS Wireless 3G card and that doesn't use compression so (I am guessing) to save time it isn't downloading the whole image because I am back in my office, on our T1, and the images are fine.

Again, thank you.

Tell me how you fixed I have the same exact situation and problem?

My fix was just that there is no fix yet while using the Sprint card because it offers no compression, when I plug back into my LAN connection - I don't change any settings - and my images are perfect.

Hope that helps, if it doesn't, the problem may be larger than I at first realized and just coincidentally fixed itself on my PC. (I hope that isn't the case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back