Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 security warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

wblue

Technical User
May 25, 2001
US
I am putting DAP's on an IIS to be accessed on a very small local network. When the DAP is requested in IE6, it brings 2 security warnings: 'this website uses a data provider that may be unsafe' and 'this website is using your identity to access a data source'. How can I eleminate this annoyance?

Also, does anyone know how I could launch an MDB file (and open the ACCESS program) by clicking a link in a DAP (or another web page), without getting the popup that asks if you want to open or save file?

You don't need to use IIS. I'm not sure what that brings to the party. DAPs use client processing much like Access. Just stick the database and html pages on your network and refer to them directly.

You may be able to rid yourself of the first messages by adding the host of the DAP in the trusted sites list or zone of IE6 and then turning off some of the warnings for that zone (See IE6 Tools|Internet Options|Security|Trusted Sites)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back