Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 Second Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

feb

Technical User
Mar 31, 2002
GB
Hi

I can't get IE6 to open a second window. links in the first window are ok but anything that needs to open a second window does not appear. The frame is there but it's just blank. I've done the fix explorer thing but it does not make any differance.

I'm using win 98 and explorer 6 sp1

Thanks

Phil

You have a missing dll file. Try this

Start -> Run and enter "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" w/o quotes and hit OK. If that does not work then try it with these Shdocvw.dll, Msjava.dll, Actxprxy.dll, Oleaut32.dll, Mshtml.dll, Browseui.dll, Shell32.dll

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Thanks for the reply

I have just done what you posted but things are still the same. I have loaded the Opera browser on to my system as a tempory work round and that is O.K.
I can't use this permanently as my banking system won't work with Opera.

Phil

See something I wrote that has helped: faq779-4625

Thanks for your help

After all the advice I still had the same problem so I re installed windows over the old version and ran win update again. now all is ok.
Once again thanks for your effort and time.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back