Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 Proxy Exception List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2003
Hi,

I'm having a bit of a weird problem with the Proxy Exception List - it seems to ignore some of the exceptions. I've tried putting them in as IP's and URL's but neither works. The problem sites are on a local subnet (as are the sites that work) and it seems to affect half of the PC's in the building. I've had a look on support.microsoft.com and cant find anything similar.....

Thanks In Advance

Anyone? I've tried posting this on the MS newsgroups and other places without any success.....

I use the exceptions box to help FrontPage admins bypass our proxy. I usually use a *.domain.com so that all servers on our internal domain are bypassing.

Have you tried that? What entires are you making? I'm sure you're using ; between entries.

Perhaps if you misspell one of the names then all of the ones after that fail to work? I don't really know it was a wild guess.

Let me know.

I didnt try it - but I have know and it works!
It's very strange though - the exception list was correct (as far as I could see) and I had tried both the full URL's and the IP's of the affected sites.

The exception list is propogated by group policy so any mistakes in spelling should have affected everyone...

Thanks,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back