Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevehotchkis

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2002
GB
Is there anywhere I can download IE6 full version? even just for Windows 2000?

the info given does not happen! After downloading the small file and running it it just go straight through to downloading all the files. There is no options so i cant select to download at a later time. Is this only available in the US? I am in UK

have cracked it! this is what you do...

To perform a download-only installation from the Internet:
On the following Internet Explorer download page, click the appropriate language version to download the Ie5setup.exe or Ie6setup.exe file:
Click Save to Disk (or Save), and then save the file in a folder on your computer.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Click Browse, browse to the folder in which you saved the Ie5setup.exe file or Ie6setup.exe file, click to highlight the file, and then click Open.
In the Open box, click at the end of the command, add a space, and then type the following command for Internet Explorer 5 or 6.

NOTE: Double quotation marks around the variable #e are required, because #e designates the source path, including executable, of the Ie5setup.exe or Ie6setup.exe as appropriate.
/c:"ieXwzd.exe /d /s:""#E"
For example, if you saved the IE setup file (Ie5setup.exe or Ie6setup.exe) file in the C:\Windows Update Setup Files folder, the command looks like:
"C:\Windows Update Setup Files\ie5setup.exe" /c:"ie5wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"
The following is an explanation of the command line switches used:

/d - Downloads Internet Explorer for the current platform only. However, if you would like to download all platforms, you can use the /d:1 switch value to get all platforms. There are only two values for this switch, /d and /d:1.
/s:&quot;&quot;<#e>&quot;&quot; - Designates the source path of Ie5setup.exe. The &quot;&quot;<#e>&quot;&quot; value refers to the full path and name of the .exe file. Note that two pairs of double quotation marks must surround the path.
Press ENTER. Choose the appropriate items for the operating system.

Greetings All,

I just came from the MS IE6 download site. They are now making it a point to say:

Windows 2000 and Windows XP users Custom installation is not available for Internet Explorer 6 SP1 on Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating systems.

I've tried all of the extraction techniques and command line switches with no luck.

Any ideas where I can get one? Someone have an FTP site I can access real quick?? JUST KIDDING!! :-D

Thanx!

Robin (RJ) Morey

&quot;From the keyboard, through the server, around the hub and out the router - Nothing but 'Net&quot;​

See the thread &quot;Complete download of IE6&quot; from JemimaS

Robin (RJ) Morey

&quot;From the keyboard, through the server, around the hub and out the router - Nothing but 'Net&quot;​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back