Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 address list

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykippers

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
GB
Hi, how do you remove addresses from the drop down list in the address bar?

they are in the registry under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

just delete the ones you don't need ;)

a nice quick way to get rid of all of them is to run notepad, copy and paste below, save as..., 'killurl.reg', then right click that file and select merge.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]

No need to program, even though snakebite gave an easy good alternative....

If you go to the links above....it'll tell you how to install TweakUI(only on Win98 CD,.....not Win98SE/ME...the second link addresses that)...

Anyway...I am able to control/delete/block/change alot of things with this ditty installed......
If you're not familiar with TweakUI....I suggest once installed, right click on anything you have a question about, and a box pops-up saying "whats this"....and it'll explain quite a bit........also view the TweakUI.hlp file and Readme.txt...

Basically to install.....On the Win98 CD, Navigate to
E:\tools\reskit\powertoy.......(whatever your CD Drive Letter is)
Right click the ".inf" file and choose "Install"..
Then go to Control Panel to "Play" with "TweakUI"!!!!

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

I am running a Dell l800r with a Win 98SE platform. I have TweakUI installed (cannot find the version number). Since I installed it and 'played' with it, when I boot up, the screen goes straight into the boot menu (which is fine by me) but bypasses the screen which used to appear and tell me how to get into Set-up. I do not know which TweakUI setting does this. Can you help please?

Open TweakUI....choose Boot Tab........uncheck "always show boot menu"

Notification:
These are just "my" thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions....I try very hard to impart correct info at all times.

Thanks, TekTippy 4U, but what I really want is to have the screen which tells me what to press to get into Setup, followed by the Boot menu screen. What you suggest will go straight past the Boot menu, won't it?

I don't think so.......I'd try it and you can always put it back........also if you tell me your Bios make, I'll try to tell you which Key/Keys to press to enter Setup(your talking BIOS setup....right?)...
Obviously there's an adjustment in there which eludes me for now only....either you or I shall find it...No?

Notification:

Thanks TekTippy 4U. I think I know what the problem is, (although I don't know what to do about it!) but I also think it's time to start a new thread, as the title of this one is no longer appropriate. I shall start a new thread called "Problem with Quick Boot in Dell BIOS A14" and I'll cross refer it to this thread. See you there.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back