Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE5 hangs with Adobe Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAB141066

Technical User
Nov 13, 2000
GB
When I access an .ADF documnet via IE5 or IE5.5 using Adobe Acrobat Reader v4.0 I can view, print and download the document.
My problem is when I try to go back to the web page to access a second .ADF file IE5 just hangs and only a reboot will fix the problem.

Thanks for help in advance

Fabio

Download 4.05, and then download the update 4.05c
see if that helps

download.com

I have updated Adobe Acrobat Reader to 4.05c and I still get the problem. I have also killed the Adobe process via Task Manager and I IE5 still hangs. Any more suggestions

Thanks
Fabio

PS Thanks for your help kjonnnn and James

Which IE 5 are u using.

I know there were some issues with regular IE5.

Try you got the time, download IE 5.01 (that has the patch)
See if that helps.

Would it be easier to just download the .pdf file instead of launching adobe acrobat inside of Internet Explorer. I alway's found Internet Explorer ways of opening documents such as word and acrobat to be more of a hassle than a conveneince...

later

ackka
ackka@mad.scientist.com
duke_wave.gif
Java is the Future

I find if I save all the .PDF files I require before running Adobe Acrobat, IE5.5 continues to work OK.

Thanks for your suggestion ackka.

Fabio

hi i wanted to launch microsoft word from ie5.
i mean if any file with extension .rtf or .doc comes as input into ie5, it should automatically launch word in different window.

Thanks for help in advance.

Actually any file with the .rtf or .doc exstension will load the Microsoft Word Plugin inside of the Current Internet Explorer window. It will not load in a new windows unless you right click over the link and click "open in new window"

ackka
ackka@mad.scientist.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back