Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE11 -- buggy as hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weberm

Programmer
Dec 23, 2002
US
I have IE11 on two computers and it doesn't work very well on either. Is anyone else encountering trouble with it and is it because websites aren't compliant with it yet or is it just a poor product?

Define "doesn't work very well". That means absolutely NOTHING if you think about it. Give us a specific problem or issue you are having.

Also, install Firefox or Chrome and compare results. Router/internet connections are not immune to weird problems. Neither are computers. You can't just blame the browser.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

I have it installed at work and at home and neither perform well. I've noticed it's sluggish, encounters problems with sites that require it to close and recover, and often complains about scripts running too long. I've used Firefox without any of the problems.

I've used Firefox without any of the problems.
Which is why I NEVER open IE unless I'm on someone's PC that doesn't have it.

I suppose I'm not knowledgeable enough to really comment since I don't use it!!!

Just for fun, run ADWCleaner on both your computers and then run Junk Removal Tool as well. Test.
You can also run a Microsoft FixIt to scope any general IE problems. Test.
Last hope is to reset IE to defaults. If that doesn't fix IE, give it up.

Get ADWCleaner and JRT from BleepingComputer links.

In addition, look at your IE Add-ons, or run IE in No Add-Ons mode

That Microsoft Fixit WILL look for bad add-ons and disable them.

Been using it for a long time, never an issue, no more or less than any other browser that is. They all have quirks.

I would say turn off ActiveX filtering though, that seems too mess up some sites.

Part of the issue is lousy web coders that see "Oh it's i.e." and slap all the workarounds for ie6

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back