Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE10 server side rendering issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denster

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
GB
I am having major .NET rendering issues when veiwing the website in IE10.
The wierd thing is the website works fine when publishing localy but get different results when uploaded to the server - but only in IE10! The most obvious problem is that it seems to remove any inline css : if you go to you will notice the username is too long.
If you open the same url in any other browser and view source you will see a style="width:100%;" which is missing in IE10!
Again if I run the same web page locally its fine
Yes I can thow this in a separate css and it cures the problem but there are bigger issues especially with datagrids.
Does any body know of anything server side that can be messing this up - I'm thinking it has to be a .net issue (the site is written in .net4). One last word, after logging in the browser inserts some rubbish in the url ( which plays havoc with logging out or any manual redirects - please help.

Maybe a look at this link may help

Mark

"You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."
- Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

Thanks for the link, I'v had a quick look - theres a lot to try. I do have a lot of conditional comments in the markup for browser compatibility, could this realy make that much difference. Anyway I'll keep trying, I did find out by putting - ClientTarget="uplevel" - in the @page directive cures some of the problems but creates some as well. The joys of web development

That link has some good info in it, so be sure to check it out.

Can you set the cssstyle of the textbox? If so, do it and explicitly set the width in css and see if that helps.

Mark

Major breakthrough! found this link that describes my problem perfectly You can get to the hotfix from here as well, it does say it isnt a fully tested hotfix but its cured a lot of issues mainly the inline styling and the url issue that prevented the loging out.
I will have to go through the site as well for the new feature detection but this has saved me lot of headaches for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back