Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE will not let me enter a trusted zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHolden

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
I go in to enter a trusted zone but IE will not let me. It says the address already exists in a zone and to remove it from that zone first. But there are no addresses in any zones. Any ideas

I know this works if you have forgotten the IE Content advisor password, and should work to put the advisor back to default settings.

All the Content Advisor settings are stored in the key below. If you no longer have the password, then simply delete the key and all the settings will be removed.

Open the registry, find the key below, Single click on the key to highlight it, press the delete key. Or select delete from the edit menu.

Close IE, re-open it, and the Content Advisor feature should be disabled.

Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings]

There may also be a sub-key .default. If the file %systemroot%\System\Ratings.pol exists, delete it or rename it

"More Than Merely Names"
YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back