Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE vs FF Nav issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovetopsecret

Programmer
Jan 16, 2008
GB

The main nav underneath the image is causing me a few headaches.

As you will see they dont match up, as the buttons in FF are away from the eeft, whilst the gap that in mozilla on the lft of the nav is then rolled over and runs off the right.

There is also a greater space in IE than FF underneath the nav,and cant work that out either.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

There is also a greater space in IE than FF underneath the nav,and cant work that out either.
Most likely because IE and FF have different default margin and padding values and you are not explicitly overriding those values. (Except for the top and left margin).

I'm only viewing in IE6 (cause that's all we have at work).

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Looks the same in IE7 and FF2. I expect you're seeing the differences in IE6. That will probably be attributed to many bugs in IE6 display model. I don't have IE6 right now to test and cannot see any clear culprit in the code.

The bottom menu is shifted in FF because you apply no padding-left on it (if FF this defaults to 40px, in IE to 0).

Thanks guys, seems I missed the padding and margin issue.

cheers both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back