Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE timeout issues over Citrix XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnycna

MIS
Feb 21, 2003
US
I am hoping someone can help with this situation. Our company uses Solomon, a timesheet application over an intranet. I have several users on Citrix XP that get thrown out when doing timesheets. They connect to the application over IE 6.0 in Citrix. We have checked timeout settings on Citrix, Solomon, and IIS. Any more ideas?

In the Management Console, do the users appear as "disconnected" or do they not appear at all?

Jamor1999 The users don't get kicked out Citrix, they get kicked out of IE.

I'm sorry if I don't understand fully. How are the users starting the published application? I'm assuming they are using a published application if they are accessing the program on the citrix server. Are you using NFuse? Are you using a Citrix ica file? The way I've set or apps up are that I have a web page with several links on it, and each link will launch an ica file that will connect the user to the published application on the citrix xp server. Try providing as much detail as possible, and perhaps we can find out exactly how you are set up. That will help greatly with the troubleshooting. One more question, do you use the tsadmin tool? Run tsadmin.exe from the start/run on the citrix server they are accessing.

Sonnycna Is this appliction published as an embedded app (ie within a browser window)? If so then closing IE will result in loss of connection to the application.

Let me start over in explaining the problem. There is no published application on the Citrix Server. All the user is doing is opening a web browser in Citrix and then connecting to an intranet site which we have set up for the Solomon desktop. The user then gets access to a timesheet program over the intranet. The problem is that my users that use Citrix XP to connect to the intranet get thrown out of the timesheet program. My users that are not on Citrix XP have no issues at all. We used to be on Metaframe 1.8 and no problems at all. The issue occured only after we upgraded to Citrix XP. I hope this helps explain the issue better. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe that I understand your issue with Soloman. Soloman is using a specific version of the Java Engine.(not sure which one.) This is the same thing that metaframe XP uses. So when you upgraded to MetaFrame XP, your java engine on the servers was changed. You will need to contact Soloman to find out which version of the engine they prefer, and change the engine on the MetaFrame boxes. This will most likely cause the Citrix Management Consol not to function properly or not at all. However there are several tech notes on the Citrix web site that deal with the appropriate corrective fixes. Or just load the consol on another PC and run it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back