Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE switching windows automatically : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
OS 98 SE
IE5.5

When viewing a page on IE and having others loading behind it, IE will switch window to thew last loaded automatically, dispite my threating to blow up Microsoft : )

This is extremely aggrevating when I'm trying to read one page while I have other pages load

I have already attempted backing up the registry to date before this eventuated, but the registry backup failed

Go Go Microsoft!

Any help would be appriciated : )

some one correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this happens when the "last page" reloads...you may have set your browser to automatically refresh every so often...when it does it opens "over" the page you are viewing.

I've got this problem aswell in Winxp with IE6, only jsut started happening, VERY anoying...its like it will bring the browser window active if it is downloading a picture or data....cant stay in one window, any fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back