Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE Going Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qualityfootbag

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
US
I am having a problem with my internet explorer. It wa working fine and after about 3 weeks i started having trouble. The sites load slowly sometimes if i click on the shortcut to open it it will not load for at least 30 seconds. There are some other times that when im loading a page it loads to almost full and then freezes for about 5 sedonds before i can do anything. Im running a Pent 4 with 512 RAM.

Run Adaware?
Spyware may have you bogged down.
lavasoft.de is where you get it...if you download it, also download the latest definition file...on the left side of the page.

Thanks. I took your advice and i think that it has worked. When i scanned my computer and then cleaned it there were 2 files i couldn't clean. They were .dll's and in parenthesis it said "cydoor." Do you know what those are?

Did you download the newest definitions and install them when you got Adaware?

Cydoor is more advertising software...Adaware couldn't deal with it?
What'd it say?
Here's a thread from another newsgroup discussion of it and how to deal with it...
Apparently loads with Grokster, Kazaa, and the P2P shareware applications...get rid of it with the advice from the link.

I did all of that and then i could not run kazaa and had to reinstall it. Is there anyway i can get rid of it and keep kazaa.

You're the 1 who came here for help...do whatcha' wanna' do.

Kindly kwitcherbellyakin LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back