Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE error through publish app

Status
Not open for further replies.

vluu

Technical User
Nov 17, 2000
US
Hello All,

I was able to publish Internet explorer on our Citrix metaframe 1.8 on Windows NT 4 terminal server but when user's launch the publish app, they get the following error:

Internet connection wizard
Cannot load the Internet configuration library (ICFGNT.DLL.
The following error occurres: access is denied.

I clear this error user user's are able to continue using the pub. app. normally.

Thank-you,
Vinh

Write:-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard]
"DesktopChanged"=dword:00000001
"Completed"=dword:00000001

To each users profile. You do know how to script this?

Cheers,
Carl.

Hi Carl,

Before recieving your post I did a fix to solve the problem. I do not know if it's the best way but this is what I did:

According to the error message, the file ICFGNT.DLL was located in the Winnt/system32 folder. So I created a global group in our domain and gave that group full control rights to the system32 folder. Obviouly, the user was a member of the global group, this corrected the problem.

If your best is the best way then I should do that. What do you think of the way I did it?

P.S. I do not know how to script this...citrix was handed to me...not on a silver plate.

Thank-you very much for your Input. Much appriciated.
Vinh

There is not need to script this.
If you are in an AD environment, you can easily apply this registry change to any server by modifying a Group Policy (in Users & Computers for Domain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back