Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE default location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeb1970

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
BE
Hello all,

I have installed windows xp pro with all its updates (including IE 7) at my home in Belgium, then shipped the computer to my friend who lives in The Netherlands.
We have changed all the regional and language settings to Dutch (Netherland) and also
the default location has been changed. The problem now is that when we take the tour in
IE (under help) it shows the Belgium-Luxemburg website ? This at it self would not be a
big problem , but when my friend uses msn search or google she only gets results from Belgian websites (.be) which are no good for her. Yesterday we found a way to make the
change using a site from Microsoft, but when she closed IE and reopened it, it was yet again set to Belgian – Luxemburg ? Is there a value in the registry or any other setting i
can change so the computer will stay in the Netherlands ?

With regards

Mike

I wonder whether your friend may need to install a Dutch version of XP, what language version did you install for them?

To get to Microsoft Netherlands can you create a Shortcut with this URL as the Target.

Similarly can you use the Add more Search Providers from the drop down list and paste the URL for Google Netherlands in there?

If there were to be any settings in the Registry of XP then it mat be around this area.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

We also speak dutch in the bigger part of belgium, so i did install the dutch version.
Looked at those values in the registry but did not find anything

Mike

Sorry BadBigBen, also doens't work, grrrr
there must be something i'm overlooking here

Mike

We also speak dutch in the bigger part of belgium, so i did install the dutch version.

you mean that you installed the Belgian Version with DUTCH as the language? is that correct...

well, see if these help any:

Multilingual Features in Windows XP Professional

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back