Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE Address Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjaa

Technical User
Feb 3, 2010
DK
Hi,

I was wondering how to "extract" the address links from the address bar? If you get my :)

So just in case i will show it here,: Addresslist.

If anyone got some idears please feel free to write :D And i mean this is possible, think i have done it once before, i just can't remember!

Do you mean you want to do this programmatically, for example, with JavaScript? Or do you simply want to back up your history?

If the former, I doubt this could easily be done cross-browser due to massive security issues (think about it for a minute).

If the latter, this would depend on the browser in question.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Snippets & Info:
The Out Atheism Campaign

The thing is that i need if possible the same address linkes moved to another computer, so i mean that they should be stored somewere on my computer like Favorites can be moved easy i think i have moved the address linkes to once, but i just can't remember it! Maybe there are stored in a catch file?

Have a peek in the registry at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

Hey Smah,

I did find the location you wrote, and it works in some part. But i got many more sites on the computer if i export the reg file, i only get the ones that stand in the reg, and thats only 25 out of maybe 100+ but are then not stored somewhere on the computer, like temp files fx?

Since IE6 doesn't use 'suggestions' for the address bar autocomplete, all the remaining addresses are assembled from IE's history. You'll need a third party utility to get at them easily. Something like this should collect most of them

Smah okay i will try that program, but i just thought there were an easier way, without using any third party utility. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back