Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 9 compatibility with Element Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
Does anyone know if there are any compatibility issues between IE 9 running on a Windows 7 PC connecting to Element Manager?

What Release is the switch? Are you going through UCM to get to EM or do you have an older release where you are going directly to the IP address of the SS?

Rls 7.5 on a CS1000M
I go through UCM to EM.

When I type in the address bar on my IE 9 PC ( it takes me to the google search results page.

But when I go to a Windows XP IE8 PC, I have no problems.

You should be using the FQDN of the machine, not the IP address and there is no reason to put in network-login. If the FQDN is not being resoloved in DNS then you will need to resolve it locally in your machine in the host file.

Supported Browsers: Internet Explorer 8.x, 9.x or 10.x or Firefox 8.0, 9.0 or 10.0.

My guess is your DNS doesn't have this entry in it so you will need to go to

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

in your local machine and resolve it there. Your XP machine probably already has this in it's hosts file. It would look like this in your hosts file

10.10.10.2 ucm.keebler.com

There should already be at least 1 entry in there now so just follow that format.

Neither host file on the XP box nor on the Windows 7 box had the FQDN of the UCM server.

So, I did a reset of IE settings - restarted and was then able to access the UCM.

Something within the settings obviously didn't play nicely with UCM.

Thanks.

Ensure FQDN is in your DNS or your local Hosts file for all elements you browse to...
Ensure Compatability Mode is selected on IE 9. Otherwise EM screens hang, dont display information and generally drive you nuts and deliver you into a world of pain.
Tools > Compatability View Settings. Either add your UCM url IP of FQDN or enable the bottom option for Display all websites in Compatability Mode.(my preference)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back