Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 7 problems after install

Status
Not open for further replies.

thud105g

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
I have just installed IE 7 on top of IE 6 and in certain applications I experience problems, the main area being Email (yahoo). If I try to open the address book the screen for the address book will appear blank and everything freezes, including windows task manager, after a few minutes I am able to use task manager to kill the address book window which in turn kills the Email window. If I try to open an Email in a new window most of the time it freezes, sometimes if I wait long enough (10-15) Min it will self heal. Any time I am in an email that contains a link, if I try to follow the link the windows will lock up. I can open Email in the same window but again I cannot follow a link. Occasionally when things do work and I close out the window with the Email message I find a smaller second blank IE window, sometimes when things don’t work I find a second smaller blank IE window. Help

IE 7.0 works when add ons are turned off, but when add ons are on and all the individual add ons are disabled IE 7 does not work. From the event viewer under Application Hang I pulled the following message "Hanging application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 6.0.2800.1106, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000. " I don't understand why its refers to IE 6.0.28. The only way I can even reply to tek-tips is using Foxfire

If you can't find the problem add-on by digging through them individually, I suggest that you do a reset. Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, Reset button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back