Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 Warning Page Expired on Back button after POSTing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzward

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
US
Hello,

I have searched and found an article on Microsoft's web site discussing a fix to a problem where clicking on IE 6's Back button after POSTing a form causes a Page Expired message to appear. The article is at:

Unfortunately for me, I have Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 and I still get this behavior. I have inspected the headers sent by the Web server (IIS 5.0) and no expiration information is being sent.

Netscape 6 works this way. Is this the way IE 6 is supposed to work?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Richard

I have had a similar problem with page expired warings. They seem to come from the result of to many temp files. This solution has worked to solve that problem. Go to the tools-Internet Options-General tab and click on the Delete files button. Then go to the advanced tab and scorll down to the security section and check the box to delete temp files when exiting IE, this should keep it from happening again.

I hoope this helps.

Mike

Mike,

Thank you for the tip.

After having IE delete the temporary files, the problem went away just as you said.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back