Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

topazworm

MIS
May 7, 2002
GB
I am experiencing problems with my internet explorer. Pictures dont load sometimes and replaced by red cross. Pages that used to load dont any more they say page cannot be displayed. Works fine on any other computer but mine. I thought it was a virus, however norton virus scanner wont install claiming there is a previous version on the system which there is not. There for i cannot scan for viruses and i am at a loss. any help would be appreciated.

You must manually remove any former components of Norton before installing, and if using XP it must be Norton 2002 as all others are not compatible. A good program for doing this is JV16PowerTools which can be found at or do a search on google for it. This program will allow you to view all starting programs and registry entries and you will need to delete any refrences to Norton Anti-Virus and manually delete the symantec folder in program files, then you should be able to install and scan for viruses, then post to the forum again with findings

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back