Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 on XP No history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissirhc

Programmer
May 20, 2000
GB
Hi,

I've got IE6 on XP. I click on history and the days come up but there is nothing under them. I've not deleted the history or changed the folder where it goes (if thats possible). How is this happening?

Thanks in advance

Chris

In Tools / Internet Options , How many days to keep pages in history have been set ?

Are you running McAffee Virus Scan or similar product? If so, open up the System Scan Properties dialog box, choose Internet Filter and uncheck "Active X Controls".

Hope this helps... as it did with me!!

Cheers

Scizo

Good call. I do that active x controls under McAffee Virus and I've disabled them... And it works.. Cheers...

Whats the negative implications of this. I'm not too clear on this. I.e. what could someone do that they couldn't now I've disabled this anti-virus feature.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

Java and Active-X were designed to run more advanced features and to use services or make changes on the computer you are using. Unless these features are explicitly required, it is safer to deactivate them to prevent malicious scripts from infecting or compromising the computer or the network.

Hope this gives a bit more of an insight....

Cheers

Scizo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back