Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 Freezes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drm184

MIS
May 25, 2001
US
I have a user's PC right now that when they click on a link in their favorites in IE 6, the web page will start to load (for example, Yahoo's site the main banner at the top appears and the progress bar goes up to about 60%) and then IE freezes. When you close it, you have to 'End Now'. If I am logged in under the Admin it doesn't do it. I have already cleaned out their Temp. Internet Files folder, made sure it had all it's windows update, ran virus scan, and ran a spyware remover called Ad Aware. Thanks for any help or ideas.

You've done part already, but follow the rest of the steps in FAQ608-4650. Pay special attention to items that look suspicious in HiJack This. Also, if you can see Internet Explorer 6 in Add/Remove Programs, attempt a repair. If the IE6 is not at SP1, run Windows Update for that as well.

Jeff
The future is already here - it's just not widely distributed yet...

Thanks. That did get it taken care of. After I posted I downloaded and ran Spybot but didn't do it in the order suggested by that article. Once I did, it started working fine again. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back