Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 fails to open page with VB component

Status
Not open for further replies.

erstout

MIS
Dec 11, 2002
US
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x8000401A)
The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

This may or may not be related to out of synch MDAC dll files.
I am using Frontpage 2000 to open my local web -- all pages open properly in Preview mode except for one - which contains a VB 5.0 component

Set sched = Server.CreateObject("Schedule.clsSchedule")

Set objres = sched.GetScheduleByBucket
using reporter, "reporter".
Based on some documentation on the original error from MDSN, I used mdac_typ.exe to evaluate my MDAC dlls and found 5 out of synch (msadce, msadco,msadcs, msdaprst and msjtes40). I presume (though cannot confirm) that these were "unsynched" by install of win2K SP3, as reinstall of SP4 leaves me with the same versions.
All evidence suggests that I cannot get back to a previous version of MDAC without reinstalling w2K from scratch; nor can I prove at this point that MDAC incompatibility is actually causing the problem. My web includes several other pages with VB 5.0 components, all of which are previewing properly - only the one with the "sched" object is failing with this error.
If anyone has run into similar issues, I would appreciate any information you have.
Thanks.

One other observation - in the system event viewer, attempts to open the page also appear to generate the following:

DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to logon .\administrator in order to run the server:
{940F45E8-1760-443B-95D9-24634BBCB61C}

This may be far more significant than the other issues listed - I'm pretty far out of my depth here. All references to above on MSDN suggest problems with the local security rights, but I think I've tried them all with no improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back