Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 and XP Network Logon not saved or remembered

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggayal

Programmer
Feb 2, 2002
US
Well, in IE 6 on Win 2k, I have no problems logging on to a network and saving my credentials. This is great because my homepage requires identification. But, at home on XP with IE 6, it will not offer to save my username or password. This is the gray box that appears before you even get to the site, not a website login. I haven't found anything on this subject! Anyone know why it won't offer to save my credentials?
I have tried changing the security settings and that did nothing. Thanks.

Hi there,

in the IE go to tools > internet options > content > Auto complete > and then check the "Prompt me to save my passwords"

that should be it, if not then you might have cookies on your website and it being blocked so lower down the security of your browser.

ChouCh

Well, sorry, but that box is already checked. And the security is at the lowest possible setting. This is the gray pop up box used for access to areas of sites, not just an html login. I don't even get the option to save a password. There is even a drop down box for the username, but there is no list! This is so screwy and I'm wondering why no one else has this problem. I think it went away when I updated or something. So annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back