Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6.0 slow when responding to input forms and submit buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaztik

Technical User
Dec 23, 2004
US
I have just recently run into these problems...linked somehow?

1. When entering info into forms or captions in IE 6.0 there is a substantial pause when it loses focus, this also occurs when clicking the "submit" button.

2. Outlook Express takes several minutes to load (msimn.exe stops responding), but it finally loads and all functions are very slow as well (address book, identities, new mail, etc).

I have found the fix for these combined problems on the microsoft support site but it didn't work as prescribed....please help!

Can't really help, but can commisurate. I have the same problem and it was caused by a virus infection. I got rid of it using the fix you mentioned (deleting and replacing the Pstores registry key), but my autocomplete does not work and if I run "IE repair tool" the forms problem comes back! So, something is still wrong. If you get to the bottom of it, let me know.

I have the EXACT same problem! I was wondering if I was the only one. Like Don, I too had a virus on my computer a short time ago. Mine was W32.FunLov.4099. What was yours, just out of curiosity? My computer started acting goofy about a week or so ago, and I just cleared the virus the other night. On perhaps an unrelated note, certain pages on freeze for me completely and I can do nothing except restart my computer.

In addition, I tried reinstalling Windows, but to no avail.

If anyone knows what to do about this problem, please help.

One more thing: could you list the URL for the microsoft support page talking about this issue? I would at least like to *try* the fixes they suggest.

Thanks again.

It looks like this is a BIG problem. I'm having trouble with the exact same thing. I've been using mozilla since I can't get IE to work properly. If anyone has an answer I would apreciate it because I would like to use IE again(moziila is not too bad, but it's not my favorite).

Can you think of any things you have changed on your computer to cause it? I am trying to think of something specific I did a week ago to set this off but I can't think of anything. I *think* it may have been before I even installed 6.0.

Perhaps if we can find overlapping things we changed, we can better focus our efforts.

My problem started when I installed IE6. I had IE5.5 before it and never had a problem. If anyone has an answer, PLEASE HELP. I'm getting sick and tired of mozilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back