Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6.0 css

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvsmas

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
Can anyone please tell me if there is any problem with ie6 and style sheets?
I used a css with my html and included the class inside an <input> like this:

<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;test&quot; value=&quot;test&quot; maxLength=4 readOnly class=&quot;tb&quot; size=4>

This textbox appears like a tiny line when I view it in the IE 6 browser. But when I remove the class=&quot;tb&quot; it is fine.
I tried including the <style> in the html itself instead of using a css. I also tried including the style inside the <input> instead of using class. All is fine with ie5.x but not IE6. I need to use styles to control the font and the size.
Can anyone tell me if there is any solution for this.
Thanks in advance

What have you got for your font-size in your .tb class?

In previous versions of IE you could get away with specifying [tt]font-size:2;[/tt] where the 2 meant HTML font size 2. IE6 takes it to mean, &quot;I want my font to be 2 pixels high&quot;.

[sub]Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world.
There's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams.
[/sub]

Thank you dwarfthrower!
I did have a &quot;2&quot; in my stylesheet. I changed it to &quot;2px&quot; and it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back