Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5 Working Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorahilly

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2001
US
I have a laptop that will be used for demos of my companies product.
It has Windows 2000 Pro and IIS. I have all the files I need to browse my personal web.
I made the localhost my home page.

Everytime that I open up the Internet Explorer 5 sp1, I get the following error
No connection to the Internet is currently available. To view....

It asks to Work Offline or Try Again. If I hit work offline, which is what I assume I am doing, it tells me that the page I requested is not available.
If I hit Try again, the page comes up.
I tried sychronizing, but that doesn't work.

This works in Windows NT, so I will post this in the Windows forum as well, but I am at wits end trying to figure out what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am assuming your running personal web server or something.... simple type 127.0.0.1 in the address bar and whatever page is the index.htm will load

Also if you simple locate the file with internet explorer, drag and drop it into the main IE window. The html page should then load.

good luck

Try these settings -

Tools-->InternetOptions. Under Temp.Files. click Settings
and select the Never option.
Also set a blank page or your local index page as "Home page"

hope this helps
ks
pppshar - internet sharing sw.
netmailshar - tiny mail server
mailassistant - talking email notifier
getagain - resume file downloads

Hey - I'm having this same exact problem. I've successfully loaded PWS 4 on my windows 95 laptop - meaning it installed with no errors at all.

Ineed to take it around to clients and want to show them asp pages and design against a server on client's site

The whole purpose of PWS is that you're supposed to be able to access your site without a connection to the internet, but every time i type it just says that "no connection to the internet is currently available" etc. etc. like written above. Anyway I can't get IE5 to recognize my PWS - anyone have any experience resolving this issue?

- tried the above, but to no avail. How much more water would there be in the ocean if it weren't for sponges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back