Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5.5 sp2 not prompting for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsherfy

Programmer
Dec 23, 2000
US
When clicking on a link to download a file(exe), IE sends me to a blank page, containing the URL for the exe, and a simple block graphic like you would see when a graphic did not load. I am never prompted to download. Right-clicking on the link and selecting "Save As..." works fine. I did have ReGet installed, and thought perhaps this was the problem. I uninstalled it, then repaired IE. Still no solution. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Tim

Try re-setting the defaults in tools/Internet options/ Advanced / Restore all defaults.

I had something flaky like that happen to me also. Re-installing didn't help me, but restoring the defaults did.

Hope this helps. --Chris

try going to browsers.com to download from there. If that doesn't prompt, then go into the registry and initiate that hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back