Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5.5 SP2 Deployment 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

superred

MIS
May 21, 2002
GB
Trying to deploy the IE 5.5 SP2 via Zenworks on a Novell 5.1 network.
Each workstation user will recieve an icon and will click on this to begin the update.
As some of you may know there is only a setup file that takes you to the Microsoft web site and then requires you to download the additional 20 odd mb from an FTP server based in North America.
Unfortunately on the majority of workstations the update begins and then a message comes up telling me that I need to be connected the internet..We all are as we connect through to the internet via our intranet set-up.
Some machines have gone right through the installation without any problems so it certainly is not a firewall issue.
Has anyone managed to obtain a full copy of IE 5.5 SP2?
This would solve having to traverse the internet to find the bugger

Unfortunately this points me back to the initial 5.5 400kb set-up file again.
I need the whole IE5.5 Service pack update and not the link to the North American FTP site.

No probs, this seems to only stretch to 95/98/NT
We are running W2K clients.
I appreciate your responses guys, you were not to know that i was running W2K

For some reason Microsoft has removed IE 5.5 SP2 fom their websites. You'll have to do a Google search for it and see if you can find it on a third party site like I did for Win98. I'm glad I put it on CD before it disappeared. Jim

Yep seems like that is the case.
The additional files that were required following the initial iesetup.exe were not very reliable from the only FTP source I could see which was North America.
I seem to remember other similar updates in the past offering a wider supply choice.

Aha that looks superb guys..just grabbing it now..85.14mb, pretty sizable.
Will take a while on our 256k link
My sincere thanks Carrr m8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back