Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5.5 deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticklz

MIS
Mar 30, 2000
GB
Has anyone successfully used SMS Installer to repackage IE5.5, cos its givin me major traumas now!

Am i trying the impossible or what! Once the script is compiled after repackaging, running the exe file results in a whole load of ini files not being able to be opened!

Heeelp! Who's that girl! :)

Sounds like you are having a rights issue. Make sure if you manually run the execuatable you are do so with admin rights. otherwise make sure when you advetise it, Its set to run with admin rights.

Try using IEAK(Internet Explorer Administration Kit) to "repackage" IE5.5. This will give you a lot more control as to what gets installed and allows for three levels of control to the user. Full(user can select what components to install), Silent(User does not have the option to select components but does see the progress), Hands-Free(totally silent-no progess or selection of components).

I've got to distribute IE5.5 soon, I did the repackage with the IEAK today. I'll be building the package in the next few days, I'll post my results when I'm done.

Also on a side note just picked up a copy of wise installer professional for windows , so far it seems nice cause I can bundle the install for SMS & for independent network/media distribution. But, I haven't messed with it to much yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back