Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5.5 Content Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanadu

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
CA
Please help me how can I get rid off Content Advisor asking for missing information each time I open a browser.
It does not let me view any page, if I use my password and set it to view pages without rating, than it is working, but only until I want to open an other browser window.
Tried to repair,than uninstall IE, the right way: sys.tools, reapair IE, or even Restore prev. win settings, but Illegal Operation MSsetup.dll window comes up.
Does this mean this Mssetup.dll missing form the SYSTEM.INI boot sector, is it safe to write it in...or just replace this missing file through SFC. Where would I find this file ,since I have IE 5.50.4522.1800.
Thanks,
Xanadu

I feel like a fool.....the answer is in your FAQ, sorry if anybody spent time on this....
It works and I Thank You for it with all my heart....
Xanadu

Xanadu

I am having the same problem, but when i look on the FAQ page for content advisor I only see faqs for removing/disabling password. Is the faq you reference still there? TIA

Last time I worked on it for a customer...the internal Help Files in Windoze had all the info I needed.
Inside IE, from the top menu...help...choose the Index...type in content advisor and click on List Topics.

Unfortunately I can't get to help - must not have installed it originally and Windows update page doesn't ahve it anymore - Anywho - did the fix you used do anything more than delete the ratings key in the registry? That disables ratings - don't want that - even when I do it and then reset ratings and password I get the same "Content Manager is missing infor..." dialogue.

Thanks - Found it in technet - had to rename the ratings.pol files (didn't know/realize there were two) - it acted just the same as deleting the ratings key, but this time it actually took when i reset the ratings and password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back