Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5.0 Proxy Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

msy

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
AU
Hi all,

I have NT 4 workstation on a domain with MS Proxy server 2.
I need to change the proxy setting from "Automatic Configuration Script" to manually enter the proxy IP and PORT. I loged as Local administrator and Domain administrator and untick the "Automatic configuration Script" and manually entered the proxy settings. And aslo i restared the computer.

But when i loged back to the domain as a domain user, IE "Automatic Configuration Script" is ticked back again and manually entered proxy values unticked. :-(

i would be greatful if anyone can help me out here...

Thanks ,

"If your client computers are configured to use Microsoft Internet Explorer as the default Web browser, and you run the client Setup program, Microsoft Internet Explorer is configured as a Web proxy client application of Proxy Server."

In other words, you do not need to use the Internet Options panel to configure sepeartly the proxy settting in the Connections tab.

The issue you are facing is that you are making changes to the local Administrator profile, but not your own profile as Domain User. It seems that Group Policy is preventing you from making persistant changes to Internet Options for your Domain user profile.

Let the client adminitration facilities of Proxy Server handle the chore.

For detailed information, see:
In particular the Proxy Administration Guide.

bcastner,

thanks for the info, I'll try what u suggested.

ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back