Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IDR Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

overide

MIS
Jul 16, 2001
US
Hey all,

I have a problem with Intelligent Disaster Recovery with BE 9.1. I can make the bootable disc no problem, it boots to the veritas screen and prompts what you want to restore. It gets to the point where I need to put in my user authentication. If I put in an account that does not have proper rights with BE, the screen will not advance to the next step(this is how I ruled that my user account is correct). I then put in the correct user info and the wizard went to the next screen that said what info was going to be restored(C:\, shadow, etc.). The wizard then goes to a screen and starts the backup job in backup exec and gives a status bar on the 'Dead' server of the data restore progress.

At this point, I receive the job in my BE server (this means the connectivity and user id is correct). Although after about 10 minutes,the job fails with:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa000848c - Unable to attach to one of the drives.

Final error category: Resource Errors

I have checked everywhere and cannot find a resolution. If you can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Did you checked this Technote from Veritas?

"When using the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.0 for Windows Servers Intelligent Disaster Recovery option to recover a remote Windows computer, the restore job fails immediately with the error "Unable to attach to one of the drives."

Yes, I have checked that article. When the connection starts the job in BE 9.1 and I run a NETSTAT you can see that it is trying to connect to port 10000 /tcp. This is the default and no other programs are using this port. I have not changed from this port because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back