Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Idle telephone display company name 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo0ord

Technical User
Feb 17, 2009
US
How do I display the company name on the display screen for I2002 & 1120E telephones when the phone is in an idle state? Do I need to be in a specific Load prompt to do this?

In the Feature Books, under the "E"s for "Electronic Brandlining" - that's where you'll find the implementation procedure.

Yep. you need to be in a "specific load prompt" to do everything. Nothing is done randomly.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Thanks for the response! Where is the Feature Book? Can you send me a link to the procedure? i am still pretty green when it comes to Nortel any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Your system came with, or you can download a complete documentation set from Nortel.

However, I think everyone will agree my custom book set is the best starter kit. Everyone will also agree it is a safe and worthy install. All it is is PDF files in a self-extracting archive.

It will open up, and you'll see the Feature Books right on the first screen.

Start here:

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

The "Features & Services Fundamentals" referred to is actually six separate pdf books ordered alphabetically. All documentation can be downloaded from You need to register for access to the documentation but there is no fee for registration.

LD 17

IDLE_SET_DISPLAY Nortel
MODIFY yes
PWD2 (Your 2nd level PWD)
SUPPORTED_TEXT_ONLY
IDLE_DISP_STRING xxxxxxx (Your String)
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY xxxxxxx (The string you've entered)
OK yes

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Ours show the name on 1140E but not the 1120E.

I2002 and 1120E's screen is too small to show IDLE_SET_DISPLAY.

You may need I2004 or 1140E to see that.

PerryJ can you please give me a the exact set of prompts i am supposed to see in LD 17 to display the company name when the phone is idle? i'm just a little worried i could potentially screw this up. Thats something i do not want to do.

I would suggest if you are unable to follow the book or PERRYPJ's very well constructed post, that maybe you shouldn't perform this change. I can't think of a better guide that what has been provided so far.

LD 17
REQ CHG
TYPE PARM
then return until you see the above

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back