Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Idle image for streaming video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgerweb

Technical User
Sep 14, 2005
US
Hi all,

I've created a .swf that streams a Flash movie. I used the Import video component in Flash 8. This all works great but I have one question about embedding it into a web page.

When the video is over the player screen is black - the player is idle. Is there a way for there to be a static image or text on the screen when the player is idle?

Cheers!
Dodge

Yes sir, it more than likely does. And if this was a "regular" Flash movie I think I could just add an image/frame for the movie to stop and rest on.

But - this is a new process for me. I have external .flv file - the .swf is calling this file. I used the "Import Video" wizard to set this up to stream the .flv. When I look at the .fla I see only a single layer and only a single frame. I assume that only the single frame is needed to call the external file -

Could it be that I need to add some sort of image or text to the last frame of the .flv?? Hmmmm now maybe that's the ticket.

Thanks!
Dodge

>Could it be that I need to add some sort of image or text to the last frame of the .flv?

Yes that's what I meant. Either the last frame or the first frame, depending on whether autoRewind is on or not.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back