Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Idiots guide for configuring and installing screensavers to work on different IP phones for the IPO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird Scrambler

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
GB
Hello everyone

I've been trying to get a number of different IP model phones to accept a *,jpg file and the one that I have is just less than 10k to try to work with a 9608 and a J179 phone on a test system in the office at release 11.0.4.111. I have been following a number of previous threads on this forum and although the 46xxsettings.txt file is mentioned a fair bit, it seems that some members use or create a different *.txt file and leave the 46xxsettings one untouched which I find is confusing.

I've downloaded the admin guide for the J series phone as well as looking on Mikes Cook books and etc for help, but I was wondering if someone has or has compiled a detailed guide on the steps needed to get it to work. I understand that black and white jpeg files are best for the 96xx phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please as we have a number of customers who would probably be keen to have their company logo on them.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Leave the 46xxsettings file alone and create a 46xxSpecials file for any modification you need to make.
Mike

Thanks for the reply. How do I point the phones to read the 46xxSpecials.txt file and what would you recommend that I could add into it as I would like to have the IP phones to display a different image. Perhaps a black and white image for the IP sets with a monochrome display and a colour image for the sets that support them.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

pull the 46xxsettings.txt file from your IPO. You'll notice the first line says "autogenerated" and the last line says end

Now pull 46xxspecials.txt. Again the first line says "autogenerated". Copy and paste the test into notepad, REMOVE the first line, so it no longer says autogenerated (maybe even add a comment). Add your custom settings in this file, save as 46xxspecials.txt and upload to the Primary directory on the IPO.

Now pull the 46xxsettings.txt file (refresh so it's not from your cache). The last line is now "get 46xxspecials.txt". Pull the 46xxspecials.txt file, it's no longer the autogenerated one, but the one you uploaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back