Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identifying who is running/printing a report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCCkjn

Technical User
Dec 5, 2007
CA
Hi there
I'm using Crystal 9. Is there a way to identify in a report the person who is logged into Crystal and printing the report?

Are you using Crystal Reports on the DESKTOP - or Crystal Enterprise via a browser...?

It's Crystal Reports loaded on my computer not through a browser.

There are at least two 3rd-party tools among those listed at that give you this functioality. One is a Crystal reports viewer that automatically loads the Windows user id into a properly named report parameter. The other is a user function library (UFL) that provides a function that returns the Windows user id.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi,
How are others getting to your computer to run crystal reports without your knowledge?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,
Don't most, if not all, of those provide for logging?

A shared PC, of course, always presents tracing problems..auditors and compliance managers hate them...

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Sorry, you guys have lost me. I was not very clear in my answer to mrjbim. I have Crystal loaded on my computer but others run the reports I create using Crystalease on our intranet. They have to log into Crystalease to access the reports. It's this login that I'd like to display in the report when I create it in Crystal.

Well, not sure if you've already got an answer since this thread is a few months old, but one thing you can try is try create an SQL Expression Field, call it UserName, then just type SYSTEM_USER. That has worked for me. Not so great if the report runs through a viewer though, then it shows you the default user from when the report was created. I'd bet you could get the windows id though. If you did find a solution, could you post it?

Ainkca, thank you for the info. It HAS been a while and I had given up on it. Your suggestion works - thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back