Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identifying sender of e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayE

Technical User
Jun 23, 2001
GB
Hi,

In Outlook 2000, it only shows the sender's "name", which doesn't always help me identify the sender's company which is very important.

I know I can look in Options to find the sender's domain name which is (usually) their company, but it includes so much info it's hard to find !

Can't I display it as a field in Outlook next to their "name", and have it appear when I hover over an e-mail I don't recognise?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jay/UK

Just open the mail message, right-click on the "from" field on the top there, and click on properties.
There you can see the information needed.

Kind regards Pysj`n

Hi,

This sounds like the same thing I'm already doing, view the "Internet Headers" which gives far too much info, hard to find the actual e-mail address it's from.

There's no Properties item, just Options.

Can you help me further ?

Regards,
Jay

Im not sure we are talking about the same thing here.
If you open up the e-mail, you can see the reply button. Right below that button you have the from field.
Just rightclick on the senders name (not the "from" textfield) and choose properties.
This is the only option i have found to check the actually adress the mail is sendt from.

Hope this cal help you.

Kind regards Pysj`n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back