Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Identifying Previously Installed Office CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerian

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2002
AU
Hi, I found today that my pc (WinXP) would not re-start. It would get to the safe mode start screen and then re-start. I re-installed WinXP and will now have to re-install Office XP next. Unfortunately, I have 16 discs (and 16 pcs) and only one of these discs was previously installed in my machine. Is there any quick way of identifying which disc was used? Otherwise, I'll have to sit through the install on each disc until I find one that is accepted. Hope someone can help me.

If you go to Help, and About.... in any of the applications, you should have the procuct ID listed. Is that sufficient for your purpose?

HTH

Indu

Thanks Indu. I knew it was simple but just couldn't think how. [morning] The last few digits in the product key (in Help / About) match the last few digits on the serial number on the Authenticity Certificate (rather than the product key on the Certificate itself). I did it and saved heaps of time. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back